Again this year, the Key Executive Mega-Conference is encouraging and honoring achievement in innovation with the Mega-Conference Innovation Award.
Entry to the award is free, and open to newspapers of all sizes. In fact, the 2016 winner was the Forsyth County News, a three-day-a-week, 12,000-circulation paper in a town north of Atlanta.
Your organization might be eligible to win if it has:
- Introduced a new product or service that is substantially changing your business model?
- Grown your digital revenue to be a critical portion of your revenue mix?
- Tapped into new audiences with a new approach to publishing?
- Diversified your revenue to be less dependent on traditional newspaper advertising?
- Created a culture of innovation for your employees?
Submit your entry here: http://megaconference.secondstreetapp.com/2018-Mega-Conference-Innovation-Award/
The deadline for entry is January 11, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Here’s a shorter version of what you’ll be asked in the entry form:
- New Revenue Channels: What new product(s) or approaches have you introduced in the past three years that is/are making a significant difference to your business model today or in the near future?
- Digital Revenue: My digital revenue was ___ percent of my total revenue over the past 12 months. Digital revenue at my company grew ___ percent over the previous year.
- Non-Core Revenue: Have you diversified your revenue in other ways beyond print and digital, such as events or agency services?
- Audience Development: Please describe any innovative audience approaches your company has taken that has allowed your company to reach more readers, new audience segments. What’s been the impact on subscriptions, open rates, social shares or total audience?
- Sales & Marketing Approach: Please describe any innovative sales and marketing approaches you have taken that have helped your company improve the trajectory of your revenue.
- Organizational & Company Culture Transformation: Please describe how your company has changed its organizational structure, work environment and/or rewards to encourage innovation.